Beauty products: reviews, swatches, good tips and everything related ...

3/30/15

Beauty Review: Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition

I love matt lipsticks and I buy at least one of each matt edition I get my hands on and this to discover the "ultimate" MATT Lipstick. So obviously when I saw The Rouge Edition Velvet released by Bourjois I couldn't resist adding them to my collection.

Follow me to know what I think about them ...

The whole edition have now 12 colors from the reds to the nudes passing by the pinks (a real beautiful selection of colors). I choose two colors that match me the best of those available in the shop: Nude-ist (07), and Beau brun (12).


The packaging is really beautiful and simple. The color of the lid is matching the color of the lipstick which shows through a transparent plastic container (it looks like glass which add a classy touch). In addition, they have a little doe foot applicator which in my taste is pretty precise to have a beautiful lips shape.


The formula is really light, very easily applicable and very buildable (depending on the desired opacity). It doesn't dry instantly so enough time to clean the mess, to apply them evenly on the whole lips and to avoid any patching or unevenness however I find that they take much longer time than needed to dry (More than 15 minutes where you just have not to touch anything otherwise it will stain). When they are dry they give a beautiful matt finish, they don't dry the lips and they don't transfer for 3-4 hours sometimes more (They will fade while eating or drinking but mostly in the middle)


They are my favorite lipsticks for the moment. I use them day and night I just love them. I found myself using the nude color more because it even out my eye makeup and it is perfectly appropriate for work while for the night I wear an opaque version of the brun. Other colors I want to get are Ole Flamingo, Frambourjoise and Personne ne Rouge !

Have you tried any? Did you like them? Which color you like the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment