Beauty products: reviews, swatches, good tips and everything related ...

1/24/15

Organic, Natural Mask: Damaged/Curly Hair

Hello Jamilates,

I spent years of my life trying to take care of my hair (after I completely traumatized it). Lot of chemicals, lot of expensive products and a lot of time consuming... Then I discovered that my hair thanked me only when I went simple, organic and natural.

I will share with you my own recipe along with information on each ingredient,

Let's get started :)



The idea is simple, incorporate several natural oils depending on the needs of your hair. So for me I use:

1. 2 spoons of a pre-made hair mask from Skinfood (Online shop with 100% natural products), it consists of the following oils (you can buy them separately and mix them):

  • Palm Oil: Rich in antioxidants such as vitamin A, D and K, and E (decreases graying of the hair and hair loss). The oil benefits the hair by making it stronger and less brittle. It is also a perfect moisturizer. Learn More.
  • Jojoba Oil: Good for damaged hair and to to promote hair growth. It acts as moisturizer and produces a thin film on hair shaft and scalp to maintain moisturized condition. Learn More.
  • Almond Oil: Has several important nutrients as well as vitamins E, D, B1, B2, B6 and A. These are all helpful nutrients that allow you to grow strong, healthy hair strands.  Learn More.
  • Lavender Essential Oil:  Aids in hair growth as well as treats sleeplessness, stress and anxiety. It can also help stop hair loss. Learn More.
  • Lemon Essential Oil: Effective as a hair tonic. It is used to get strong, healthy and shiny hair. It can also be used to eliminate dandruff.
  • Sage Essential Oil: Beneficial for controlling dandruff and treating hair loss. It is rich in nutrients such as vitamins B, A and C and the minerals potassium and calcium.

2. Then I add one spoon of Avocado Oil: Moisturize, nourish and strengthen hair strands. Learn More.


3. Two spoons of Castor Oil: Has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It is a solution for hair problems like hair thinning, dry scalp, hair loss, split ends, etc.  It contains vital nutrients like vitamin E, minerals and proteins which work magic for exceptional hair growth. Learn More.


4. And few (4/5) drops of Tea Tree Oil: It decreases dandruff, split ends, fungal infection, itchy and other scalp concerns. It is an effective treatment of viral and bacterial infections.


Mix everything !!!! The amount of oil depends on you hair length and structure (Shorter head?--> cut amount in half, thicker hair? --> double amount) :) You can add eggs if you don't mind the smell, but try to heat the mix a bit before.


Put in your hair, while insisting on the roots and definitely don't forget the tips. Put you head and hair to the front to improve the blood flow and massage your roots for 5 to 10 minutes (This is perfect to increase your hair growth. It will make you feel relax too ;) ). 


I do keep my hair like this for the night then I clean it the following day (That is the reason I don't use eggs in this mask). 

Soon I will be posting my hair routine, Stay Tuned :*

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so Much ! i will give this recipe to my beautiful fiance ;)

    ReplyDelete