Beauty products: reviews, swatches, good tips and everything related ...

4/19/15

March Empties (To buy or not to buy... That is the question!!)

Hello Beauties,

This month I've comeback again with products I've finished and a small review about those I liked and will purchase again and those which weren't my favorite and are already replaced.




The first item I finished this month is The GREAT Macadamia deep repair hair mask. It is perfect for all hair types especially curly and/or damaged, colored hair. It is a very thick mask with an exquisite smell (To die for mmmmmm), Paraben and alcohol free. Since the first use (few months ago) I've noticed that my hair is much smoother and shinier, it becomes more nourished and conditioned. This is my favorite hair product of all time, I recommend it to everyone and I will never stop buying it (I think its quality is worth its price). 
I'm currently giving Oro Therapy 24k Illuminating Mask with Argan Oil a try as it was recommended by many bloggers. 










Always talking about hair products, I was able to finish two oils, the first one is the organic castor oil. It is one of the main ingredients of my homemade hair masks (Check my Organic, Natural Mask for Damaged/Curly Hair). It is a perfect oil to make the hair longer and stronger, but it can also be used for eyelashes, eyebrows and nails.

The other oil is the Kerastase ElixirKultime: versatile beautifying oil, a sample size from Bloomingbox (I used to be a loyal customer purchasing their boxes when they were special, unfortunately they failed on keeping their high level quality and lost their good reputation). To be honest it wasn't something special, I tried using it alone but didn't see any changes so I started using some drops of it in my homemade masks until it was over (One of my 2015 resolutions is to use the products I purchase even though I'm not fan of them unless I really hate them :s ).







I also finished two of the shower products that I continuously use. The first one is the Nivea in-shower body lotion. This product is very special, as its name states it is a lotion that is used under the shower and rinsed with water. The product is very debatable, part of me loves it and the other part hates it (how is this even possible? Let me tell you!!!!). I love it because it saves me a step after the shower ... which is actually putting a lotion: I finish shower, immediately get dressed and my skin smells amazing, hydrated and smooth for at least 24 hours. Busy girls will know what I'm talking about. Why I hate it? imagine putting a hand cream and wetting your hands immediately? Do you know that slippery feeling that it is not very pleasant? Well you get that feeling all over your body. Plus you really want to be careful not to slip which can be dangerous :s Will I buy it? maybe for days where I have no time to put a lotion after shower ...







The other product is the antiseptic shower gel: Sedasteril for sensitive skin. I was first introduced to this product as a face wash when I was suffering from acne. I started using it as a body wash after I suffered from a severe allergy against some of the brand store shower gels. As I couldn't try all shower gels to see to which I'm allergic and to which I'm not (too painful). I decided to stop using any shower gel and started using those which have no soap, no paraben and with neutral PH. It is true it doesn't smell good (Like the hospital smell lol) but at least I know I'm safe.







I also finished my antiperspirant stick: The Rexona Men V8 Tuning (I love the smell). It is my favorite of all time. I have tried tons but this one is by far the best. I apply it every morning, but I have days when I forget and believe me this one does work for 48h as claimed. It will probably stay in my favorites for few months at least.






The other product I have to say bye to is the Face Make up fixer, Kiko.  I spray it on my face after I put in my make up to firmly set it and prevent it from running especially that I have an oily skin and that it is very humid in Jeddah. This is my second bottle of this product, I purchased it when I was in Europe and then my friend bought me another one from Italy. As much as I love it, I'm replacing it with the All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray from Urban Decay.





I'm also running out of eye pencils, I finished two Smooth Definer, Oriflame the black and the grey colors. They are really amazing, I love using them on the water line to define my eyes or for the winged eyeliner. I would love to buy them again, but I already have the 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencils of Urban Decay.











Always with makeup, I finished the Clinique high lengths mascara. The brush was very special it is a curved toothed comb. This special brush reaches the smallest lashes and the corners to give an amazing lengthening results. I like it, but in my lashes I prefer more volume and curves that's why I'm switching to the new Benefit Roller Lash mascara (Which is WOOOOOOW !!!!).











Last product is the sample size of the YSL, Manifesto. I smelled it long time ago and was in my wishlist already. I bought it for my special person for her birthday (Love you Mommy <3 )








That will be all for this month empties, Let me know what do you think about those products. Have you ever used any of them? Do you like them or not? Are you planing to try any?

See you soon Ladies :*

No comments:

Post a Comment