Beauty products: reviews, swatches, good tips and everything related ...

2/21/16

USA Trip (Ithaca): Work, Fun, and Shopping :D

Hello beautiful ladies,

It has been quite a while that I didn't write an article and I miss this. Don't get me wrong I love filming videos because it allows me to share all my spontaneous emotions with you directly without any editing. It also give me the feeling that I'm talking to you and that you are present which is something I particularly enjoy. However writing articles is also something I like doing because I like to write and I know many of you like to read. So I'm trying to make all of you happy by alternating both videos and articles.
Today, I want to share with you some nice memories I had during my USA trip and also some tips if you are planing to travel there sometimes. This first article will be about the first city I visited which is Ithaca, NY.
So please keep reading and enjoy the adventure with me :*



The reason why I went to the USA was for work. I have to perform some experiments in Cornell University. For those who don't know I'm a PhD student in KAUST, a university located in KSA. I currently work on solar cells (such a nerdy :p ) In addition to working very hard of course there's no way I go there and don't enjoy my time. So as the town is quite small (a college town) I focused mainly in some spa time, shopping and some hiking :D


Ithaca is such beautiful town, lots of lakes and waterfalls and an amazing weather. This place reminds me a lot of Ifrane a village town in Morocco where I spent 6 years (doing my bachelor and master in Alkhawayn University). I missed the cold weather and I missed seing seasonal changes since I came to KSA (The coldest it gets here is 16C Which is ... spring). I did some hiking there and I enjoyed taking walks around the city.


I did also a lot of shopping. There are many many shops in Ithaca like Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Walmart, 1$ shop and many more. There are also several local shops in the commons area. My favorite place for shopping is the Ithaca Mall. It is a small mall in comparaison with the ones here in KSA or even with Morocco Mall but it literally has everything you will need. My favorite shop there is Bonton which has everything from shoes, makeup, underwear to home appliances and even chocolate all of this with amazing discounts. I bought 340$ and I saved 350$ a bit more than half (Couldn't complain!!! ). The mall also has Ulta and Ulta salon where I did extensive hair and makeup shopping (Interested to know what I got? Open the HAUL video) I also did my eyebrows and some deep conditioning mask for my hair using Redken products. The mall also has a Bath and Body works, Target, Weight Watchers, Old Navy ...


The shop that I fall in love with even though I didn't use its services is called Dynamic Ceramics. It is basically a shop where they will teach you how to make you own ceramic object and you self color it and then you could give it as a personal gift. I really like this original idea and maybe next time I go there I could make something for my family and loved ones.


During my stay in I was also able to go visit the Corning Museum of Glass and OMG!!!! this place is so beautiful. The art pieces are astonishing and we were able to attend a live glassmaking show.

I had an amazing time in Ithaca and I enjoyed it as much as I did in the first time. Even though it is quite small city but is rich of places to visit.

I hope you enjoyed reading my article as much as I enjoyed writing it and see you soon for another destination :* <3



No comments:

Post a Comment