Beauty products: reviews, swatches, good tips and everything related ...

2/1/15

Beauty Review: Refreshing Body Scrub

The Beauty Secret is a brand I have never heard about before coming to KSA. Its concept is very similar to The Body Shop: it offers perfumes, bath and body, fragrances, body scrubs and body butters...
So as a first experience, I decided to start with a body scrub: Straw-Berry with Walnut Powder. 


The first thing that attracted my attention is the beautiful packaging. The product is presented in glass jar similar to the strawberry jam jar (Almost hard resisting not eating it with a spoon!!!). The pink color of the product and the smell don't agree less (YUMMMMMYYY).

The scrub has an oily base and is full of exfoliating powder. I like the result and the feeling of my skin after using it. Definitely much cleaner and very soft skin in addition to an amazing smell of strawberry all over the body and the bathroom.


Its price is much lower than its competitive brands as it cost 80 SAR (21$) for a huge pot of 500g (An investment of at least 2 months, good deal, right?)

However, I find the grain powder a bit too harsh on my skin, which can be painful (I was worried to hurt my skin and scratch it, so I was scrubbing as gentle as I could).

I also don't like the oil base. Even though it leaves a very moisturized skin for a long time after the shower. It made me feel like if I had an oil bath when I was under the water. All my body was slippery and sticky a sensation that I'm not fun of. 

What do you think about it? have you ever tried it? would you consider trying it?

Let me know what is you favorite body scrub of all time in a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment